Thursday, April 15, 2010

Harvesting Wheat!

Well I found my first Wheat penny. A 1952D. Only worth a dollar but it is priceless to me. And I found it in my yard of all places. I found a few memorial pennies and what looks like a kids version of a cake knife.
Yesterday I decided to hit a park I have been wanting to try. And low and behold I found another wheat penny. A 1944 no mint mark. I also found the usual clad.
I'm thinking of saving all of the clad coins that I find for next years spring hunt with the Dayton Diggers.
That's about all I have for now. I won't be posting for a few days since I will be getting ready for our trip to Virginia to "Hunt" a property that was once used during the civil war. So wish me luck and cross your fingers that I may find a CSA belt buckle.....that would be so Sweeeeet!

No comments:

Post a Comment