Friday, April 16, 2010

Treasure Hunting in The Dirt

I never really thought as myself as a treasure hunter. Oh sure maybe as a kid I played pirate or pretended to look for buried treasure. What kid doesn't? But now I'm all grown up and I really do look for buried treasure. But not the kind that your thinking.
I'm talking about metal detecting. I can spend hours looking for lost coins and jewelry. It is a very relaxing and rewarding hobby. Not to mention the exercise and getting outside in the fresh air.
So I have decided to blog about my ventures out with my trusty MPX Pro metal detector. So you readers can be there and read about all my first finds. Like when I find my first silver coin or my first indian head cent and so on and so on.
For now all I have found are more moderen coins, or as we in the metal detecting world like to call them...clad coins.
So follow me on my quest as I "hunt" local parks, old farm houses, yards and fields (all with permission by the way) looking for and digging up the past!

No comments:

Post a Comment